Chaka's Rock Chalets
Chaka's Rock Chalets
This resort is located in the village of Chaka's Rock, close to the bustling town of Ballito on the breathtaking Dolphin Coast and offers spectacular ocean views. Home to a lovely stretch of sandy beach the town also boasts a beautiful tidal pool flanked by picturesque crags.
1br/4 max (1 Priv/4 Max)
2br/6 max (2 Priv/6 Max)
3br/8 max (3 Priv/8 Max)
About the resort:
Chaka's Rock Chalets is perched on a cliff with amazing views of the famous Dolphin Coast. Although the resort is not situated right on the beach, it is a mere 15 minute walk to the beach. There are plenty of facilities for holiday fun and a village atmosphere contributes to the relaxed ambience at the resort. Should you wish to play squash or tennis, please bring your own equipment.
Chaka's Rock Chalets is situated in close proximity to both Salt Rock and Ballito which have a variety of shops, restaurants and bars. Please enquire at reception about microlight flights, skydiving, Crocodile Creek, animal farm, dolphin viewing, deep sea fishing, Shakaland and the many shopping experiences at Gateway and La Lucia Mall.
- Your exchange is strictly not transferrable for commercial gain and should you use your exchange for such purposes, your RCI membership will immediately be cancelled without any booking and membership fee refund.
- Resorts are required to check proof of Identity upon check in.
- Chaka's Rock Chalets is in the process of tiling as part of its refurbishment and apologise for any inconveniences caused.
- Accommodation guidelines:
- 1 bedroom = 2 adults & 2 children
- 2 bedroom = 4 adults & 2 children
- 3 bedroom = 6 adults & 2 children
- Please be advised that sleeper couches in the units are only suitable for children up to 12 years of age. Management reserves the right to deny occupation, should you not comply with the above requirements.
- The resort is not a wheelchair friendly resort.
- Please ensure you have proof of confirmation when checking into the resort, in the form of this confirmation letter/guest certificate. A valid ID document will be requested on check-in. Due to problems experienced in the past, only parties where an adult (over 21 years of age) is present will check-in be permitted. Management reserves the right to deny occupation to persons failing to comply with rules and regulations.
- The resort does supply blankets on request, however we do not supply linen for baby cots.
** Please note that the Managing Agent of Chakas Rock Chalets has implemented a compulsary non refundable fee for all midweek bookings. The fee varies from between R100 to R150 depending on the unit size. Fee is payable directly to the resort apon check-in. **
**Please note the resort reception hours has changed from being 24 hour to the following (updated 26 May 2011):
- Mon-Thurs: 07:00 TO 20:00 pm
- Fri: 07:00 TO 22:00 pm
- Sat – Sun: 07:00 TO 20:00 pm
** Please note: Sleeper couches are only suitable for small children under the age of 12 **
Take the N3 highway to Durban. Take the North Coast off ramp to be on the N2 North bound. Take the 2nd off ramp after the Tongaat Toll Plaza - Shaka's Rock Road (Exit 212). Continue straight over the bridge until you reach a T-junction and turn right. Continue to the stop sign, continue straight and the resort is the 4th property on the right hand side. The address is 68 Ocean Drive, Chaka's Rock.
From King Shaka International Airport:
Follow Signs to N2 North (Stanger/Ballito), follow the N2 north highway until you reach existing Tongaat Toll Plaza just north of the airport. Continue straight on the N2 untill you reach the Chakas Rock Off Ramp, Turn right at the T Junction and continue down the road until you reach a stop sign. After the stop sign you will see Chaka’s Rock Chalets on your Right hand side. We are the forth property after the Stop Sign.
To King Shaka International Airport:
Travelling South on N2, the airport is well signposted. The Airport off-ramp is 35kms South of Durban, approximately 15kms south of Umhlanga Rocks.
The alternative route is via the secondary road, M4 travelling south. The Airport is well signposted and will be seen before Sibiya Casino. Take the Umdloti off ramp and turn right at the bridge intercept. Follow that road that leads to Verumal, signages will be visible from this route.
Check In: 14:00
Check Out: 09:00
- Animal farm
- Croc Valley
- Crocodile Creek
- Natal Sharks Board
- Sibaya Casino
- dolphin viewing
- uShaka Marine World
- Aircon. /fan (Fan only)
- Braai facility (Barbeque)
- Catering (Self catering)
- Cleaning Services (Except Sundays)
- M-net/2nd chan
- Parking (1 u/cover 1 open)
- Satelite TV (Bouquet)
- Towels (Bath only)
- Babysitting ( )
- Key, Breakage (R300)
- Squash ( )
- Swimming pool
- Telephone (Payphone)
- Tennis Court ( )
- Beach (15min walk)
- Fishing (Nearby)
- Golf (5km)
- Gym/Health (Nearby)
- Live Entertainment (Nearby)
- Medical Fac. (Nearby)
- Nearest Supermarket (Ballito)
- Nearest Town (3km - Ballito)
- Restaurants (Nearby)