Located in Sedgefield, all units enjoy views of the Swartvlei lagoon, where guests can go boating (row boats provided). Bird-life is excellent.
Studio/2 max (0 Priv/2 Max)
1br/4 max (1 Priv/4 Max)
2br/6 max (2 Priv/6 Max)
About the resort:
Attractions on site include a games room with pool tables, table tennis and kids games, as well as a jungle gym. The lagoon provides for boating if you bring your own boat. The resort provides row boats.
Car rental facility - 100km, cinema and foreign exchange facility - 20km (Knysna). Nature walks, bird watching and diving/snorkelling - 5km, skin diving/scuba diving - 20km, Cango Caves and an ostrich farm - 150km.
New adult guest lounge equipped with a big screen LCD TV, bar, counter, coffee machine and coffee station.
- Resorts are required to check proof of Identity upon check in.
- Resorts only allow maximum occupation as per the unit size.
Weeks 48 and 49 (26/11 - 10/12) are refered to as student weeks and to ensure that all members are given an equal opportunity to enjoy their time away the following has been implemented over student weeks:
- Breakage deposits of R1000-00
- All units require guest over 18 to sign indemnity forms.
- Undercover parking is limited.
** Please note: Sleeper couches are only suitable for small children under the age of 12 **
From Cape Town:
Follow the N2 highway from Cape Town and pass George and Wilderness. As you enter Sedgefield turn right into Vink Road and this will lead you straight into Placid Waters.
Head from Durban to Port Elizabeth on the N2 highway. After Port Elizabeth continue on the N2 highway past Knysna towards Sedgefield. Proceed one block after the (only) robot in Sedgefield, then turn left into Vink road. You will see Placid Waters ahead.
Take the N1 highway to Beaufort West until you get the N12 to George; then take the N2 higway from George through Wilderness until you reach the Sedgefield sign post. From there, proceed to the second road to the right hand side. Turn right into Vink road and this will lead you straight to Placid Waters.
Check In: 15:00
Check Out: 09:00
- Garden of Eden
- Knysna Heads and nature reserve
- Aircon. /fan (Fan)
- Braai facility (Barbeque) (Some gas, some open)
- Catering (Self-catering)
- Cleaning Services (Except Sundays)
- Detergents (Dishwashing Liquid)
- Safe Deposit Box
- Satelite TV (Bouquet)
- Shower (Above the bath)
- Telephone (Public)
- Towels (Bath towels)
- Tumble Dryer (Laundry on site)
- Washing machine (Laundry on site)
- Fishing (Surf, lagoon, bass)
- Gym/Health (200m)
- Handicap Facilities (1 unit only)
- Mountain Bikes
- Nearest Supermarket (100m)
- Nearest Town (Sedgefield)
- Parking (Open & Under Cover)
- Restaurants (100m)
- Sail/Boating (Own equipment)
- Squash (Nearby)
- Swimming pool
- Telephone (Public)
- Tennis Court (1)
- Water skiing (Nearby)
- Beach (2km)
- Game Farm (90km)
- Golf (30km - 18 holes)
- Horse riding (7km)
- Live Entertainment (20km)
- Medical Fac. (500m)